Norman Medical Malpractice Attorneys
70+ Years of Experience & Millions Recovered!
If you were harmed or suffered damages as a result of the negligence of any medical practitioner, you need an aggressive Norman medical malpractice lawyer on your side. At the Law Offices of Keith J. Nedwick, P.C., we have more than three decades of combined legal experience.
Questions about whether your case is malpractice vs. negligence? No matter how complex your case may appear, we are prepared to fight tirelessly for the compensation you deserve. Call our firm today at (866) 590-8173!
Elements of Medical Malpractice Cases
Not all individuals injured as a result of medical care will have grounds for a medical malpractice case. If a doctor can show that he or she took reasonable care when treating you, a court may deem your injury unavoidable.
What are the four elements of medical malpractice?:
- Doctor-patient relationship – While this first point sounds simple, when proving medical malpractice, you must show a doctor-patient relationship existed between you and the medical professionals involved in the case.
- Doctor negligence – Mere dissatisfaction with treatment you received from a physician does not constitute medical malpractice. You must show the doctor's treatment, or failure to provide adequate treatment resulted in harm.
- A direct connection between the doctor's negligence and your injury – For individuals with preexisting conditions, questions can arise as to whether the doctor's treatment or failure to provide treatment actually resulted in injuries. The burden of proof is on you to show that your injuries were "more likely than not" caused by the doctor's negligence.
- Damages from the injury – While many medical malpractice cases involve physical harm to the patient, damages can also include mental suffering, increased medical expenses, and lost income. You must show you suffered actual harm as a result of a doctor's incompetence.
If you believe that you have proof of all four elements of medical malpractice, then contact our experienced attorneys as soon as possible.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Every medical malpractice case is different and carries its own unique circumstances - there are no cookie-cutter answers. That is why our attorneys always take the time to create custom-tailored strategies that address the specifics of each case.
There are several different types of medical malpractice, including:
- Delayed diagnosis
- Failure to treat
- Surgical errors
- Nurse negligence
- Emergency room errors
- Birth injuries
- Medical product liability
At the Law Offices of Keith J. Nedwick, P.C., our legal team has extensive experiencing handling all types of medical malpractice. If you've been seriously injured due to the negligence or recklessness of a medical professional, then please contact an attorney. Not only do you have a right to maximum compensation, but it is important to hold responsible parties accountable for their actions.
Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me
At our firm, we don't take shortcuts. Rather, we take the time to extensively research each of our client's situations, reviewing existing evidence and gathering additional facts to support their case. We believe no two cases are exactly alike. That's why we develop a strategy that is tailored to your specific needs. Our past clients agree that we go above and beyond for those we work with, ensuring we do everything in our power to obtain favorable results.
"Very professional and sensitive."
I came here for a custody case and my attorney was very professional and sensitive to the situation, office staff were wonderful and welcoming as well.- Sasha R.