Alimony Lawyers in Norman, OK
Navigating Spousal Support Matters
Divorce can be financially devastating as well as emotionally draining when it leaves one spouse without income or the necessary qualifications to find employment. A knowledgeable lawyer with our firm can assist you with alimony and all aspects of your divorce, and with any family law matter. At the Law Offices of Keith J. Nedwick, P.C., we extensively research each case to develop a unique personalized strategy for your particular situation.
Why Work With Our Firm?
- Our lawyers have more than 50 years combined legal experience.
- We have successfully handled hundreds of cases.
- We are known for never giving up on our clients.
- We will always keep you informed and involved throughout the process.
- We have excellent testimonials from former clients.
We offer a free initial case consultation for certain cases, and handle cases in Norman and all surrounding areas. Call (866) 590-8173!
How the Courts Determine Spousal Support
There are two possible types of alimony that the court may grant:
- Spousal support; and
- Alimony in lieu of property division.
Spousal support is usually temporary, but it may last up to several years. There is no set formula in this state to determine the amount of spousal support.
It is decided in each case by the judge, after consideration of several factors:
- Income of each spouse
- Job history and skill set of each spouse
- Standard of living during the marriage
- Each spouse's ability's to pay alimony after taxes / monthly expenses are deducted
Alimony in lieu of property division is granted when one spouse keeps a marital asset, such as a home, and pays off the other spouse's equitable share of that asset. This type of alimony can be paid in a lump sum, or in payments over time depending on the case.
Contact Us Today! We Offer Case Evaluations.
We understand the critical issues at stake in a divorce. Our seasoned family law attorneys in Norman, Oklahoma can be your advocate and effectively protect your interests. We have the experience, the drive, and the reputation you need.
"Very professional and sensitive."
I came here for a custody case and my attorney was very professional and sensitive to the situation, office staff were wonderful and welcoming as well.- Sasha R.