Military Divorce Lawyer In Norman, Oklahoma
Extensive Research & Personalized Legal Representation for Military Divorce
Our legal team is here to help you with the following matters:
- Filing requirements
- Child custody
- Division of a military pension
Why Work With Our Firm?
- At the Law Offices of Keith J. Nedwick, P.C., we have more than 50 years combined experience.
- We are admitted to both state and federal courts.
- We take a collaborative approach to cases, so you get the benefit of four lawyers working on your case.
- We extensively research and prepare each case, to develop a unique strategy for your particular situation.
- We are known for never giving up on our clients.
View our testimonials if you would like to know what our clients think of us. We offer a free case evaluation to prospective clients, so don't wait to contact our office!
Differences Between Military & Civilian Divorce
Military divorce can create certain unique issues that are not present in a typical civilian divorce, and both state and federal laws apply. Under the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act, at the discretion of the local court, divorce proceedings may be postponed while a service member is on active duty and up to 60 days thereafter. A service member who wants to get divorced can waive this right.
Under the federal Uniformed Services Former Spouses' Protection Act, a couple must have been married for at least 10 years while the service member was on active duty for the service member's spouse to be entitled to any division and distribution of military retirement benefits. Child support and spousal support combined may not exceed 60% of a service member's pay and allowances. Our knowledgeable family law attorney can give you sound legal counsel and dedicated representation in this complex legal matter.
Contact our Norman firm for professional assistance in military divorce and post-decree matters.
“They work relentlessly and tirelessly.”- C.H.
“They work miracles in the court room!”- T.W.
“A+ organization!!”- J.W.