Child Support Attorney in Norman, OK
Hard Work & Personalized Representation
It is the belief in this state that both parents have the responsibility of protecting and providing for their children until a child is no longer a minor. When children are involved in a divorce, one parent is typically required to pay the other parent child support. An experienced lawyer with the Law Offices of Keith J. Nedwick, P.C. can assist you with child support and all aspects of divorce or family law matters in Oklahoma.
Here's why you should work with our Norman child support lawyers:
- 70+ years' combined experience
- Successfully handled hundreds of cases
- Thoroughly review and prepare each case
- Reputation for hard work and personalized representation
- Affordable fees and 100% free case evaluations
If you would like to know more about our results for our clients, read our testimonials.
How Courts Calculate Child Custody in Oklahoma
The State uses a specific calculation to determine a child support plan.
The number of children concerned and the following factors are considered for each parent:
- Monthly gross income
- Alimony paid
- Monthly court-ordered marital debt adjustment
- Prior child support orders
- Cost of child care less tax credit
- Insurance premium for child
- Extraordinary medical expenses
Typically, the parent who does not have custody will be the one who will pay child support. Child support will depend in part on the custody order established. The more overnight visits per year, the less child support that parent is required to pay. A knowledgeable family law attorney with our firm can assist you with calculating child support and ensure that your rights are protected.
“They work relentlessly and tirelessly.”- C.H.
“They work miracles in the court room!”- T.W.
“A+ organization!!”- J.W.