A Reputation For Excellent Results

Grandparents' Rights Attorneys in Norman

Advocates for Oklahoma Grandparents' Rights

Grandchildren are special, and it is important to most grandparents to have a continuing relationship with them. However, grandparents are often at the mercy of the parents as to whether or not they are allowed to see their grandchildren. If you need legal representation to obtain visitation rights with your grandchildren, or if you feel it would be in their best interests for you to have custody, an experienced Norman family lawyer with our firm can help.

At the Law Offices of Keith J. Nedwick, P.C., we have successfully handled hundreds of cases in a wide range of legal issues. Our attorneys have more than 50 years combined experience. We always involve the client throughout the family law process, and we extensively research each case to develop a personalized strategy for the best results. You can read our testimonials if you would like to learn more about us.

You can get a free case evaluation by filling in our online form. Call (866) 590-8173!

What are my custody & visitation rights?

Grandparents can petition the court to receive visitation rights in this state. The court will decide on the basis of what it believes to be in the best interests of the children. The State recognizes the rights of parents to raise their children and assumes that parents are fit and acting in their children's best interests, unless proven otherwise.

Visitation rights for grandparents may be granted by the court when the following are met:

  • Grandparents' visitation is determined to be in the best interest of the child
  • Clear evidence that the parents are unfit or not acting in the best interest of the child; or
  • Evidence that the child would suffer harm without visitation rights for the grandparents
  • The child's nuclear family structure is no longer intact due to divorce or separation, or because the parents aren't married

Guardianship and custody of grandchildren can be requested for grandparents in certain family law situations, so long as it is in the best interest of the child. Our knowledgeable Norman family law attorneys can help you ensure that all requirements are met to maximize your chances of obtaining guardianship of your grandchildren. We handle cases in Norman and all surrounding areas.

Contact us at (866) 590-8173 for the help you deserve. We can answer your questions and help you to take action regarding your grandchildren.

See What Our Past Clients Are Saying

  • “Came out with the Best Case Scenario”


  • “I Was Extremely Pleased with Mr. Nedwick's Services”


  • “They Rolled Up Their Sleeves, Fought for Us, and Won!”


  • “Excellent Attorney”


  • “His Team of Professional Attorneys and Office Staff Are by Far the Best This State Has to Offer.”


Our Blog

Recent Posts
  • 4 Dangers of Winter Driving
    4 Dangers of Winter Driving
    Posted by Law Offices of Keith J. Nedwick, P.C.

    The winter season brings snow, ice, rain, and freezing temperatures in Oklahoma and other states in the country, which can create dangerous driving ...

    Read More
  • Oklahoma Releases 462 Inmates in Historic Move
    Oklahoma Releases 462 Inmates in Historic Move
    Posted by Law Offices of Keith J. Nedwick, P.C.

    After the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board made a historic vote, 462 non-violent inmates have been released throughout the state on commuted sentences ...

    Read More
  • Does Job Stress Qualify for Workers’ Comp in Oklahoma?
    Does Job Stress Qualify for Workers’ Comp in Oklahoma?
    Posted by Law Offices of Keith J. Nedwick, P.C.

    Work can be both demanding and strenuous for most people, resulting in high stress. Although some workplace stress is part of the job, excessive ...

    Read More