Military Divorce Lawyer In Norman, Oklahoma
Extensive Research & Personalized Legal Representation for Military Divorce
divorce can be a particularly complex area of
family law. You need the representation of an experienced divorce attorney in Norman.
- Our legal team is here to help you with the following matters:
- Filing requirements
- Child custody
- Division of a military pension
Why Work With Our Firm?
- At the Law Offices of Keith J. Nedwick, P.C., we have more than 50 years
- We are admitted to both state and federal courts.
- We take a collaborative approach to cases, so you get the benefit of four
lawyers working on your case.
- We extensively research and prepare each case, to develop a unique strategy
for your particular situation.
- We are known for never giving up on our clients.
testimonials if you would like to know what our clients think of us. We offer a
free case evaluation to prospective clients, so don't wait to contact our office!
Differences Between Military & Civilian Divorce
Military divorce can create certain unique issues that are not present
in a typical civilian divorce, and both state and federal laws apply.
Under the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act, at the discretion of
the local court, divorce proceedings may be postponed while a service
member is on active duty and up to 60 days thereafter. A service member
who wants to get divorced can waive this right.
Under the federal Uniformed Services Former Spouses' Protection Act,
a couple must have been married for at least 10 years while the service
member was on active duty for the service member's spouse to be entitled
to any division and distribution of military retirement benefits. Child
support and spousal support combined may not exceed 60% of a service member's
pay and allowances. Our knowledgeable family law attorney can give you
sound legal counsel and dedicated representation in this complex legal matter.
Contact our Norman firm for professional assistance in military divorce and post-decree matters.